NY Fashion Week


It is exactly 5 weeks and 4 days until the superbowl of the fashion world....hello, NYC fashion week. And it is in my opinion the BEST fashion week (of the 2). I LOVE the fall shows....always so much more interesting than spring. It seems that the designers pull out every trick from their bountiful hats, and torment us by making us question ourselves with things like, will I actually wear that next fall? The 80's again? I barely got by 25 years ago without a yeast infection every week from those heinous tights. My favorite is to do a runway re-cap and see how many models stumble/fall, and play it back in slow motion over and over again until my computer battery starts to die and/or my friends no longer think I'm funny. The most annoying question I continuously seem to ask myself after every fashion week, is "Self, why do you suppose every designer loves to knock off last seasons Prada and Balenciaga?" I swear to god, if I see one more Balenciaga wannabe knock off  structured dress waltzing robotically down the runway I will... well, I won't do anything, but it pisses me off. Anywho, every person who loves fashion lives for fashion week. It runs in the blood of New Yorkers... it is our heart and keeps the city alive and moving. I am starting the countdown, officially today. I will update the show schedules as soon as they are posted. Now, I am off to plan on how I'm going to crash the Marc Jacobs show!

No comments:

Post a Comment