Shoes!



Let it be known to the world that I am a shoe whore! there, I said it. Hi everyone, my name is Kate and I have a shoe addiction. My love for shoes runs deep.... much, much deeper than my wallet. I want to be the devil wearing Prada, and Jimmy Choo, and Manolo, and the big daddy grandfather of them all, Louboutin's. Ahh, the beautiful red sole peeping out as a woman walks down the street excites me more than anything, and sadly also reminds me that my soles are the color of a band-aid and have scuff marks on them. But alas, I have a solution (not for the soles) to get the look of a beautiful designer shoe, for much much MUCH less moolah! And they are called shoe clips! What an obvious answer right? Well maybe, but let me tell you, shoe clips are great and easy to make!
Take these beautiful red heels by Christian Louboutin for example. You can find a similar strappy sandal in any color that you like. I love these dark pink and gold sandals from nine west, only $55.97. Put a feather shoe clip on the end, and you have an EXTREMELY similar look, now for the red sole you are on your own, get creative.
Below is an easy step by step tutorial on how to make your own shoe clips.

  1. Buy clip on earring findings, new or vintage. New ones can be purchased here.
  2. Next, figure out what you would like to put on your shoe clip. If you would like feathers as the Louboutin shoe, you can get them here.
  3. Take your feathers and start gluing them together with any craft glue in the shape of a snowflake one on theop of the other. Gently fan the feathers out and make sure they are somewhat evenly spaced.
  4. Now, using a curling iron on a low setting curl them into each other to make the feather "ball". 
  5. Take your feather ball, and apply a heavy duty glue to the back. To glue things on metal, I like to use E6000. Ths glue takes a little longer to dry, so be patient when gluing your items on. 
  6. Gently press the feather ball to the front of the earring clip, and hold it together for about a minute. 
  7. Let this dry and you are ready to go! You could add a button or rhinestone to the center for some fun as well. 
Here are some other shoe clips I found if you don't want to make your own!

  1. Rhinestone shoe clips by gurlygirl 
  2. Upcycles Shoe Clips by monamivie
  3. Ridal Ivory Rose Shoe Clips by floreti
  4. Feather Shoe Clips by JustLiv 
  5. Peacock Feathe Shoe Clips by Chuletindesigns
  6. Bridal Shoe Clips by rmjewelrydesigns
  7. Black All a Flutte Shoe Clips by MadameMaxines
  8. Crystals and Pearls Shoe Clips by gemmersen

2 comments: